No further intake from 2017. Prospective students please see MMan (Mkt), DMMX or IMBA (Mkt) DMIN.
The Master of Marketing aims to provide a professional education in the field of marketing. It equips students with the advanced knowledge and skills required to develop smart and robust solutions to the complex marketing issues that they are likely to encounter in professional practice, to design ambitious and successful marketing strategies, and to pursue high level careers in marketing. This program develops advanced knowledge and both conceptual and applied skills in contemporary marketing practice within a broad business framework.
Content and structure
- Students who have a background, or previous studies in a particular course may substitute a course of equal value and standing with the approval of the Program Director.
- Students who have taken, for another award, a course which is substantially equivalent to a course from the program schedule, may be granted up to one third of the program in credit or may substitute a course of equal standing and unit's value, with the approval of the Program Director. Credit will only be granted for courses undertaken at postgraduate level in a qualification that has not been used as the basis for Advanced Standing.
- The Program Director may approve variations to the program of studies for a student by substituting courses from the program schedule with courses from other graduate level programs in this or another university.
- Applicants who have completed a bachelor degree in a business discipline or who hold a bachelor degree which includes a major in business, commerce, marketing or management or applicants who have completed a graduate certificate in a business discipline are eligible to enter the program with 0.5 EFTSL (18 units) Advanced Standing in lieu of these courses and complete the program in 1.5 years of full time study or equivalent part time study.
- Applicants who have completed a bachelor (Honours) in a business discipline, a graduate diploma in a business discipline or a master in a business discipline are eligible to enter the program with 1.0 EFTSL (36 units) Advanced Standing in lieu of these courses and complete the program in 1 year of full time study or equivalent part time study.
- Marketing electives should be chosen from the list of prescribed electives. Note: Not all elective courses are available every study period. Business electives are chosen from any postgraduate courses in the Business School for which the student has satisfied the prerequisites.
- This is a full fee-paying program.
- The program can be completed within 24 months of full time study.
- Any graduate of an Executive Certificate from the Advertising Federation of Australia (Ad School) who is enrolled in the Master of Marketing will receive credit towards one elective course.
Dr Armando Maria Corsi
For program related inquiries click here: Program Director - Master of Marketing