This program is only available externally, online.
The Graduate Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Management considers the broader implications of safety in today’s business environment by providing safety professionals with the skills to manage workplace safety using a systematic and strategic approach. The program focuses on the development of leadership and management abilities by teaching skills in critical analysis, problem solving, communication, and change management which provides graduates with the ability to argue, justify and implement safety solutions to complex organisational issues including high-risk activities and psychosocial risks. Conceptual models and management principles are consolidated by their practical application in workplaces.
Upon completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- review current principles and concepts impacting on a range of complex safety issues to improve outcomes in the workplace
- synthesise advanced current theoretical and research-based knowledge in the development of Work Health Safety strategy process and program interventions
- source and evaluate information to justify safety interventions in the workplace
- generate strategies for transformational change to meet complex organisational requirements
- critically appraise complex organisational risk factors to formulate a range of control measures
- provide effective leadership to consult and communicate with relevant stakeholders and management Work Health Safety systems
- critically evaluate the social and economic impacts of an organisation and the community to improve workplace safety standards
- communicate organisational safety requirements effectively in a variety of contexts and audiences
- integrate contemporary international perspectives into current Work Health Safety practice
This fully online program is taught by skilled and experienced academics and industry personnel who utilise the latest teaching methodologies to enable students to interact and engage with teaching staff and other students. It is strongly recommended that students are in employment or have access to a workplace for completion of assessment. (NB This program is not available to international students studying onshore under a student visa. International students may study online from their home country).
Students are able to undertake a Graduate Certificate in Organisational Safety and Human Factors as a pathway for progression to the Graduate Diploma level.
The Organisational Safety Management degree will enhance your career advancement opportunities as a highly sought-after safety professional across both private and public sectors. Opportunities for employment exist within the industry sector, government and consultancy organisations, and the degree's broad theoretical management principles allow for application to any industry.
Students are encouraged to read the FAQ's
for external study for further information about this study mode.